Last week, I started working on a beaded sleeve for a vase that I have. I found a great bracelet pattern on Etsy by Vixen's Craft that I copied and transformed into a tubular peyote pattern. Yes, I purchased the original pattern first and also let the designer know what I intended to do with it. I also promised not to sell my version of the design. I take promises seriously.
I used this pattern.
and I am covering this vase.
It is about 11 inches tall so that is a lot of beading.
Ahh, I needed that. I needed that break and I used the time to rummage through boxes of jewelry supplies that I had stored away. It helped me to make a list of priorities for this year.
Here's what I have been up to:
Bangles! I purchased 10, unfinished wood bangle blanks before Christmas. My plan was to create patterns for them. That is much harder than one would assume! Creating a balanced and seamless pattern is hard work. Realizing that the wood bracelet blanks are not completely uniform throws a new wrench into the mix.
The easiest pattern was the tri coloured "scattered" pattern because you can add a few rows at the end to make it fit properly. I don't think I will ever do a loomed band again because once it's off the loom, adding a row or two for a proper fit is a nightmare. I love the african mud cloth one but by far, the best pattern for this project so far is the "scattered" one.